All businesses are run different. You don’t make the same product or offer same services. What you do have in common is that you have payroll. You may run payroll yourself or out source to a payroll company. What you don’t expect to happen when you do payroll is that your payroll company sells your information to another company, as BenefitMall is doing with ADP. We at Payrunner Payroll don’t take this lightly. Especially when we read that ADP, the large national company, has purchased BenefitMall, along with all of their payroll clients.
In the wake of this purchase of BenefitMall payroll customers; many businesses may be thinking about making a change. Payrunner Payroll has an answer to the many questions most business owners are now asking themselves in the wake of the upcoming changes.
1. What should I look for in a payroll service provider?
- Trust: Like anything in life if there is no trust, there is zero peace of mind. You want to have a trustworthy partner on your team for your payroll needs. This is such an integral part of your company and it’s integrity. Hiring the right payroll provider is not just how much they can save you in fees but how much peace of mind they provide you.
- Compliance: We work hard every day to keep you compliant. We ensure this on a daily basis from your payroll processing, direct deposit processing to your payroll taxes being collected and paid in a timely manner. We process your new hire reporting, quarterly and year-end tax returns on your behalf. We don’t just have clients, we have partners. Let us work for you, while you work on building your business.
- Years in business: This is important as it brings value to the table. Payroll providers who have been in business many years will have a solid reference of customers. You can do your own due diligence by reaching out to customers that have used their services and gain even more peace of mind. If a company has been in business “X” amount of years, then gets bought, that company is now as new as the current owner. Payrunner Payroll has been in business going on 18 years and has never had a change of ownership. Payrunner is owned by a husband and wife team in Orange, CA. Visit our website for more information. www.payrunnerpayroll.com
- Dependable: A lot of payroll companies may be competent but being dependable is something that sets a company apart. In any business just providing a service doesn’t mean you are dependable. There are often times you need something answered or a change made, and always being sent to an automated system, that may not be in the U.S., takes out the personal service and dependability of a company. When choosing a provider, being able to speak with a live person is much more personable and adds value to their service. This is what we offer at Payrunner.
- Services offered: Payroll providers offer many additional services on top of payroll. Most will give you everything under the sun . But we at Payrunner, offer the same services as ADP, but we can do it for a lot less.
2. How much work do I need to do to change my payroll services?
Each company is a little different and it all depends on how you have been doing your payroll before changing. We make this process as easy as possible for you. We will send you a list of items needed for setup, and after we receive them back, the setup process is on us. We can get you setup very quick with auditing throughout the process.
These are just a few questions most companies may have about making the switch in companies and what to look for. Here at Payrunner Payroll, we are providing discounts on setup fees to any one who was with BenefitMall and does not want to move to ADP. We feel that if you wanted to use ADP, you would have used ADP before going to BenefitMall. Please contact us here at info@payrunnerpayroll with BenefitMall as the subject line.